Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Awake by Natasha Preston

(Via)
I was recently given the opportunity to read Awake by Natasha Preston through NetGalley.

The story was very interesting and believable. The book changes perspective between the two main characters which makes it a bit hard to read. Not because it was hard to know who was speaking, but because you knew what the other character was thinking. I think I would have enjoyed it more from just one perspective. 

The idea of a cult as the enemy, as opposed to a society or government (like many dystopian-esque) stories was an interesting twist and what made the story so intriguing. I found myself drawn into the fears and beliefs of the characters. I was not too excited by the overly dramatic teen angst and felt some parts of the story could have been left out without hindering the plot. 

Overall I would recommend this book if you like YA and dystopian novels. 

An advance copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.