Pinterest Verification

Friday, December 12, 2014

The Walled City by Ryan Gaudin

(Via)
The Walled City by Ryan Gaudin is a fast-paced, heart-wrenching, adrenaline fueled race against the clock. 

The Walled City sucks you and doesn't let you out. Three teenagers have found themselves trapped there: one enslaved, one searching for her sister and one trying to escape his past. Survival is the goal, escape is the fantasy. It will take all of them to do it.

The book is based on the real life walled city which was located in Hong Kong. This slum developed inside of an old fort. It was run by one man, a drug kingpin. To take down the slum, they had take down the man. 

I really enjoyed this novel and was more fascinated by its origin. Gaudin did a great job changing the narration and moving the story along. No detailed was missed and the story was next to impossible to put down. I really loved this book and highly recommend it to anyone. 

There is some human slavery and prostitution that may be a too mature for some audiences.

A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I really did love this book. I reviewed this book through NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.