Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hay! Stop Being so Corny!

Over the weekend Pop Rocks and I enjoyed some family fun at a local corn maze. We went with our niece and several other adults. While we had fun, we did not have enough fun to justify the cost of admission. 

It was a bit of a racket. It cost us well over $20 to get in and while there were lots of activities included in that price, the only three that were not purely kid themed were the petting zoo, Corn Maze and the Hey! Hey! Hayride. I think the price should be considerably higher for kids than for adults.

This particular corn maze had their own currency which could be purchased when you paid for admission. We opted not to get any as we couldn't see that we would want it. Here was the kicker - there were pony rides, which was super exciting to the kids - but they looked like they were free. There was no sign saying they cost anything extra. So the guy doing the pony rides would wait until it was just about time to get on - while kids have been standing excitedly in line - and then start lining them up and letting parents know that is an additional $5. Oh and he only takes cash, not the special currency that you already purchased. WHAT????

I was glad that I wasn't having to cough up the extra money, but seriously! That is ridiculous.

This was my first experience with a corn maze/pumpkin patch. Is that what they are all like? I was really excited about the whole thing, but was severely disappointed with the experience. Maybe I will try a different one, but I for sure won't be going back to that place.

(And please, don't get me started on the cost of the pumpkins!)  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.