Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger

Remember when I reviewed Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger earlier this month? Well, when Netgalley gave me the opportunity to review the second book in the series, Curtsies and Conspiracies, and couldn't pass it up.

These books are some of the most fun reads I have had all year. They are beautiful, steampunk, young adult fiction that will keep you guessing how they are going to end. I love that these books are such a dramatic departure from my typical reading. They are filled with new words, some real, some not (I used my dictionary feature more with these books that most I read).

Curtsies and Conspiracies picks up the story of Sophronia Temminick after she has returned to Madame Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Girls of Quality. Her debut class undergoes their first big testing and the results are interesting. Sophronia soon has to figure out who her friends really are and who will be on her side when things take a turn for the different. 

Another interesting part of the book was the interest shown to Sophronia from a young man who has joined the school (along with his professor and several other students). Can Sophronia figure out his intentions? Does he really have any or is he just practicing his skills in flirtation?

Of course, Sophronia also gets herself into a heap of trouble along the way because of her insatiable curiosity, her unlikely friendships and her inability to stay out of other people's business.

This was a great book. I can't wait for book three to come out on November 5!

A copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.