Pinterest Verification

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Late Night Questions

"Are you heading to bed soon? If so, are you going to go to bed in a clean and organized bedroom, with happy kids in your home? Are you going to lie down feeling totally content and satisfied with your day? Happy with the direction your life is headed?
"If not, Erin, then please don't waste another day like this. You were meant for more!!"

I got this email the other weekend. I thought I would share my (somewhat annoyed and a bit sarcastic) answers here:

Are you heading to bed soon? Yes - I am. For the record, I happened to check my email right before bed the day I received this. I don't normally do that, nor do I normally open the emails from this company. But, I needed to take Mary out (in the rain) and was trying to give Will a chance to relax and not scream about not getting to go outside. 

If so, are you going to bed in a clean and organized bedroom? No - I am not. I have enjoyed my day of total rest (the first in twelve days) and did not bother to clean and organize my bedroom today. 

With happy kids in your home? No - I do not have kids. But, hey thanks for thinking that I am less of a woman because of that one fact. I do have two dogs, a husband who works really hard, a full-time job outside of the home, and a rich family life on both sides. My life and plate are completely full.

Are you going to lie down feeling totally content and satisfied with your day? Yes - I am! I have enjoyed a day of doing nothing in fact... I read one whole book and parts of two other books. I snuggled with my min-pins. I worked outside. I spent time with my husband's family celebrating our September birthdays (there are five of them and an anniversary!). And for the first time in a while I feel de-stressed and relaxed. 

Happy with the direction your life is headed? Actually, yes! You see, you may think my life is a disaster (I think you think this because of your follow-up statement, "please don't waste another day like this. You were meant for more!!"), but I happen to like it. I am married to the most wonderful man in the world and we have so much love for each other, it might make some people sick. We have two amazing dogs that fill our home with happiness, excitement and joy. We don't have our future figured out, but that's because we don't know what it holds. We trust that Someone Else has a plan for our future and will work it out for us.

So no, I won't be buying your product, but I will be going to bed in a room that is messy and chaotic, but filled with love. In a bed that doesn't ever get made so that Mary and Will can find a place to chill when they need it. I will enjoy not having kids, because once it happens, I won't ever be able to do it again. I will lay down with a content sigh and a prayer of thanksgiving for all that I have had the privilege to do today. And I will rejoice that I don't have to have all of life's answers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.