Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

About Last Week

Last week was a rough week. It wasn’t that something terrible happened (okay, actually there were two pieces of terrible news), it was just a lot of little things compounding into stress. For example: I didn’t get enough sleep Monday night which led to a rough rest of the week; I looked down at my odometer and it was at 222223; and it was HOT here, which never helps.

By the time I got home from work on Friday night, I was beat. I wanted nothing more than to lay down and not get up until I could do so without a foggy head. I got up Saturday morning and worked out, which made me feel better. At the very least I feel like I have accomplished something for the day. Then I had some errands to run. I voted (early) and got my haircut. I did some light housework and had lunch with someone very dear to me. I got home and finished laundry and then sat down to relax about the time Pop Rocks got home from work. It was a great day and I felt better having gotten so much done. But, I was still tired and still had a lot to do.

Sunday we had to do yard work and then we spent time with family. It was great, but by the time we got home I had to sleep. It helped me feel better.

What do you do to recharge your batteries? The thing that helped the most was the opportunity to sit and read a book between voting and getting my haircut. I planned for there to be a line, but also got there right when the polls opened, so I had a window of time.

The good news is that this is a new week and I got to sleep last night :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things have been rough, but glad you got a chance to relax. Let me know if you need a listening ear or anything! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am catching up on your blog today - my blog reading has dwindled that past several weeks! hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.