Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Right Thing by Amy Conner

I recently received an advanced copy of The Right Thing by Amy Conner. The book releases today and its worth a read. You can pick it up from Amazon or Barnes and Noble

The story follows the story of Annie Banks and Starr Dukes in Jackson, Mississippi. The girls were best friends at the age of seven, but because of circumstances outside of their control the two are forced apart. When they meet again in the dressing room of their favorite department store, their lives collide again. The book alternates between the girls childhood and their present day (1993). The story is told from Annie's perspective. Annie is from a well to-do family in the town and Starr from a poor family. Their lives should not have intertwined but they did and the result was a delightful read. 

Two quick notes: This book contains a few adult scenes (nothing too racy, but definitely not appropriate for children/young teens) and adult language (there were a couple of bombs).

I did not want to put this book down. It captured the southern parts of my heart and did not let go. I highly recommend it if you liked The Help or The Secret Life of Bees. I definitely recommend it, as long as you know about my two quick notes. I don't want to offend you with this one. 

I received a free copy of this book (through NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. I really did like this book a lot and definitely recommend you add it to your summer reading list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.