Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

For Such a Time by Kate Breslin

(Via)
I recently selected to read For Such a Time by Kate Breslin. This was part of the Blogger Review program with Bethany House/Baker Publishing. The story is about Stella Muller who was rescued from a firing squad at Dachau by a mysterious Nazi soldier. Stella's life is completely changed from that moment forward. She has the opportunity to forget her past and forge a new life or she can try her best to help others in the camp Theresienstadt. 

This was a really enjoyable book that followed a plot line similar to that found in Esther. The story was gripping and moved quickly. The characters were believable and they seemed like they could have been real. Overall, I was impressed and continued to be drawn back into the story. Stella had very real struggles that had to be faced. I found myself wondering how I would react in her situation. This book was extremely well written. My only complaint was that historically it did not measure up, but on the other hand history did not dictate what happened with the plot. I love history (that's what I majored in) and that was why I struggled in that area.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes historical fiction or a good romance story. 

A copy of this book was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Above was how I really felt about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.