Pinterest Verification

Friday, March 14, 2014

The Doldrums

For some reason this week I've been thinking about white water rafting. I love white water rafting. I find it that its pure fun and invigorates me like not much else. 

(Via Cherokee Rafting)
Since Pop Rocks and I have been together we've gone down the Ocoee River three or four times.There is this part of the river that is called "The Doldrums" it is where the water is calm and you just float along. No paddling. No pressure. You've made it through several rapids including one called "Slice and Dice."

Lots of people will get out of the raft and float along in the water. I like to stay in the boat and enjoy the scenery. I also have a secret fear that I won't make it back in the boat before "Tablesaw." 

So anyway, The Doldrums. I was thinking about how in life there are periods of chaos (the rapids) and period of peace (the doldrums). For all intents and purposes I am in the midst of the doldrums. I am enjoying. The thing is though, I am still on the edge of raft ready to go. I don't want to be caught by surprise when chaos comes. I don't want to find myself unready and get dumped into the mean part of life. 

So what do you do in the doldrums? I am trying to keep my house clean. My husband fed and myself busy. Not too busy, just busy enough. I am finding new hobbies or old hobbies that are new again. I am thinking about what I could be doing or maybe even should be doing in order to make my life more chaotic. I don't know if there is something better or worse to do. I don't want to find out. I do know that I want to be one of those people who jumps into the water while its calm and fully surrender to the peaceful season. I guess thats what I'll be working. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.