Pinterest Verification

Friday, March 7, 2014

She Shares Truth: Psalm 130

(via)

Hi, Friends! I hope that this week has been a great one for you. I am a big fan of She Reads Truth. If you haven't heard of it definitely go check it out. This lenten season they are asking readers to take a text on Fridays and write their own post about it. Here is mine:

Text: Psalm 130

When I first read this Psalm I realized that it was exactly where I had been. I've shared before that last year was a tough year for me. I was dealing with medical issues and major stress at work and it all turned me into a not-so-happy-person. 

I cannot even begin to count the times that I have called yelled out to God for His mercy. I needed it and it seemed so hard to find. There was a tremendous depth to my cries. They were as deep as my pain. I kept waiting. I wish I could say that I did it gracefully or even patiently. No, I did it with a pout. Then stubborn soul that I am went in sat in my corner and said, "If God wanted to save me, He would just do it." 

Praise the Lord for His grace. His mercy. His redemption. His healing. His ability to save. 

Dear friends, He will save us. He will redeem us. He will rescue us. His mercy is great. His love, oh His love, is deep. Deeper than our pain. Deeper than our heartache. Deeper than our minds can fathom or our souls imagine. 

Do not lose hope in your journey. Jesus came to save us and He succeeded. We have redemption through His blood. He loves us. No matter what is going on or how we are acting. He loves us.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, YES! Love this:

    "Dear friends, He will save us. He will redeem us. He will rescue us. His mercy is great. His love, oh His love, is deep. Deeper than our pain. Deeper than our heartache. Deeper than our minds can fathom or our souls imagine."

    So true. Great post, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this! That psalm is a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.