Pinterest Verification

Monday, March 3, 2014

Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan

Glitter and Glue is Kelly Corrigan's memoirs about her time in Australia as a nanny and what it taught her about her mother. Corrigan weaves her own narrative on the mother-daughter dynamic in with the story of a family who had lost their own mother. 

It's a sad book with lots of happy parts. It was interesting and made me think about my relationship with my mother. For most of the story Corrigan was a twenty something on the cusp of "real life" trying to get the most out of her youth. This is what made it so relatable. In her accidental journey as a nanny she realized that all along her mother was really doing what was best for her and was dealing with the other side of things in her own way. As Corrigan points out her mother was changing because of their relationship and there was an emotional side to both parties involved in the argument. 

I can definitely recommend this book. It will make you laugh and cry. Think and feel. You should check it out.

An advanced copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher in exchange via NetGalley for an honest review. I really did like this book and truly recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.