Pinterest Verification

Monday, February 3, 2014

Min Pin Monday: A Will of Tale

It was early in November and Pop Rocks and I were talking, about what I don't remember. The topic of getting another dog came up, again, and I pulled up Petfinder. I pulled up a list of Min Pins in our area and there were about seven or eight. I looked at them, they were cute, but none really stood out to me. Then I saw him. His name was Little Willie and he was so cute. More importantly I looked at his pictures and I felt this weird tugging that he was supposed to be mine. 

I showed PR and we talked it over. We decided to contact his foster mom and see what we would have to do, etc. I sent her an email the next afternoon and she wrote back rather quickly. I called PR and we decided to go ahead and complete the application. Y'all, I was so excited. 

I submitted the application and then had a phone conversation with his foster mom. We then completed a home visit and ironed out the details. Just about two weeks later I went to pick him up. My boy came home!

I know that this might all seem dramatic to you, but it was so wonderful to me. 

Anyway, Will came home and Mary was thrown for a total loop. She didn't like that he wanted to sit on my lap. She didn't like that we took him outside a lot. (He was still working on potty training - he didn't know how to signal that he wanted to go outside.) Mary seemed to fall into a funk and we didn't like it. We decided to give it the full two week trial and see how she was doing at that point. Sure enough, two weeks in I found them "cuddling together" for the first time. We really weren't sure how things were going to turn out, but Will has found his forever home.Aren't

Will has some major separation anxiety issues. He doesn't like to be in his crate. He does fine with it if we are leaving the house or it is time for bed, but once he wakes up he wants out. He whines louder and louder until he wakes you. Which is fine, most of the time. I now go to bed earlier and get up earlier. He also doesn't like it if one of us takes Mary outside and he stays inside. Its pitiful really. We don't know much about his former owner, but we know that he was adopted by a high schooler. When that kid graduated and went away to college, Will was taken to the pound. He was rescued by the IMPS organization (which I can't say enough good things about) and then he came to us. We are really sure how old he is, or when his birthday is, but we love him just the same. Anyway, in my research it appears that when a dog is abandoned by its owner, it tends to have separation anxiety. 

So back to Will and Mary. Yesterday this happened: 



Aren't they the cutest ever?



1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.