Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Stubborn Sweetness and Other Stories for the Christmas Season by Katherine Paterson


A Stubborn Sweetness and Other Stories for the Christmas Season by Katherine Paterson is a collection of hearwarming holiday tales. Each one is incredible in its own right. The stories are well written and each has a different perspective than the last. Most are set in present day, but some are set in the past. Katherine Peterson wrote one of my favorite books (Bridge to Terabithia*), so when I was given the opportunity to reveiw another of her books I was excited.


I’ve had a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit this year (like many years). This book is the only reason that I’ve gotten it even a little bit. I am so glad that I read this book. I started just reading one story a day (there are twelve), but towards the end I just kept reading. Christmas stories are special to me, since my mom always tends to read them aloud each year. I had heard a few of them before, but I enjoyed re-reading them as well.

I highly recommend this book to you for this season. It is a great reminder of why we celebrate the season the way that we do. Go get it for you, for a friend. Read the stories to your family. Read them to your friends, read them to strangers, just read them.


A copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.