Pinterest Verification

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Its Turkey Day 2013

There are many things that I am thankful in my life. I have tried to do a "Week of Thanks" in the past and haven't managed to blog every single day to make that happen. Last year I didn't blog about Thanksgiving at all and y'all it's my FAVORITE holiday.

I love Thanksgiving because it was always a special family day for us growing up. When I was four we moved to Maryland and it was a thirteen or eighteen hour drive (one way) to get to either set of my grandparents. Consequently, we only went when we could go for a week or longer. When I was twelve we moved to South Carolina and we would go to see family in Florida for Thanksgiving. I loved those trips. 

Thansgiving Day, no matter where I was, started with the Macy's Day Parade. I would (voluntarily!) get up in time to watch the parade with my dad. My mom would get up and start cooking. Inevitably my brother would get up an hour or so before the parade ended and want to watch football. Sometimes we changed it, sometimes not. We would all eat breakfast. Once we were old enough to help, everyone would have at least one dish that they fixed for the big day. Once I left home for college and I would return for the holiday I would help my mom in the kitchen from the time the parade ended until the meal was ready.

We haven't been able to go to my parents for the holiday for the last several years, so we spend it with family here. Its still fun and we always have a great time. 

So anyway, things I'm grateful for in no particular order:

Family, Friends, Miniature Pinschers, a job, food, my home, freedom of religion and freedom to worship. 

Those who are without a parent, spouse, sibling, child this holiday because they are somewhere defending our freedom. 

A church that believes in helping the helpless. 

A God who chose to save the world through His Son.

And so much more.

I hope that this special day finds you warm, with family or friends or both, happy and loved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.