Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

When Mockingbirds Sing by Billy Coffey

When Mockingbirds Sing by Billy Coffey is a dark and complex story about a little girl name Leah and her new friend, the Rainbow Man. The book takes place over one week leading up to the town carnival. It starts on Saturday which is little Leah's birthday. Leah Norcross is a shy and somewhat strange girl whose family just moved to the town of Mattingly from Away (the city). Her father is a psychologist and her mother stays home with Leah. The Rainbow Man appears at that birthday party.

The story takes off from there and gets darker and darker. The various characters and their viewpoints make it a well-rounded and complete story. The town of Mattingly is full of interesting people and its members know about the magic. Has the magic found Leah or she just making it up? Should the town believe what she has to say? Does the Rainbow Man exist? 

This book was intriguing on so many different levels. There were many secrets between the characters which gave it a level of mystery that kept me reading. I found myself pulled in deeper and deeper as the characters lives changed more and more. Many had to figure out who they were and the process was gut wrenchingly honest and provoking. 

I definitely recommend that you read this book. It will help you figure out yourself and what you believe. I kept wondering how I would react if I lived in Mattingly. Would I accept what Leah had to say or would I find myself trying to get rid of her. Read this book. Just do it.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com® <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.