Pinterest Verification

Friday, May 24, 2013

The Art of the Surprise

I recently surprised my Mom on Mother's Day. It was so much fun! I live several hundred miles from my mom and I haven't been with her for Mother's Day in the last six years, so it was a great big surprise. 

Normally, I wouldn't have planned it as a surprise. I just wasn't sure if I was actually going to be able to keep the plans until the last minute. When I walked into the house close to 1:00 am and woke her up, she was so excited. 

Originally she thought that neither of her kids were coming for Mother's Day and was planning on going out of town. My brother and his wife decided to come down too and the cover worked. 

My mom and I spent all day on Saturday talking, even as we went shopping. On Sunday, we went to church and then my dad and brother manned the grill and cooked up some delicious steaks! I took the following Monday off of work so I was able to stay the entire day on Sunday. 

I made the trip with a great friend and that made it so wonderful! The trip is seven hours each way and we didn't turn the radio on once!  Plus we made several longer stops. 

It would have been easy to say that the timing wasn't great. I probably shouldn't have taken the time off of work, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The big project I was working on was completed in time and everything was great!

Have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Awww! What a sweet surprise! I'm sure your mom loved it. I liked what you said at the end about the timing and the "inconvenience"....somehow it all worked out. I need to remember that next time I think I'm too busy to do something special for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping over from last week's Company Girl Coffee

    What a wonderful surprise! I'm so glad you enjoyed some time with some wonderful people in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.