Pinterest Verification

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday's Songs: 3.24.13

Lately there have been a lot of songs that should be on my Sunday's Songs list. The two I was going to share today neither one have an official YouTube video. (WhompWhomp)

Let me just tell you about them :)

The first is Plumb's new single: Need You Now (How Many Times). The chorus goes like this:
How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

I don't know where you are right now, but I know in my life and in the life of my family and friends that there have been times where I have cried out to God, "PLEASE take this." And I've kept breathing. There have been times that I have prayed for God to give me the strength to keep breathing. When I am stressed or dealing with something heavy from life I find myself repeating, "Just keep breathing." It becomes my mantra and I believe the strength it takes in those moments to do so must come straight from God. I don't have the strength on my own.


The second song I want to share is an old one. Its Ginny Owens song: If You Want Me To.

The recurring phrase in the song is "I will walk through this valley if you want me to."

I love this song. I don't remember ever hearing it until recently. If I had it didn't stick. Maybe its because I hadn't yet truly walked through a valley - as I get older I realize that life is not lived on a plain, but in a mountain range. There is always going to be tough stuff and our faith is being developed so that we can continue to trust God in the hard parts of life. Its easy when you're coasting, but its hard when your climbing.


I hope these songs encourage you today. Look them up, let the words soak into your soul.




2 comments:

  1. I used to love Plumb. That sounds like a song I need to hear too. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I nominated you for a Sunshine Award! http://idontstopbelieving.blogspot.com/2013/04/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.