Pinterest Verification

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Reason by William Sirls


When I was picking a book for Booksneeze, I wasn't initially drawn to The Reason. The premise didn't make sense, but when I started reading it, I was immediately drawn into the story. The story begins on a dark and stormy day. The lightening from the storm strikes the large wooden cross in front of a small church in Mighican. The repair of the cross unites a group of characters that together meet Kenneth, a man who is different from anyone they’ve ever known.



Kenneth joins the group as they work to repair the cross and his life begins to intersect the other characters in very mysterious ways. His faith is strong, even stronger than Pastor Jim. As this group of people faces difficulties Kenneth encourages them to “Only believe.” Will they be able to believe in the face of tremendous heartache? Trouble from the past? A belief in modern medicine?

I really enjoyed The Reason.  I didn’t want to put it down, but when I was forced too, I found myself thinking about the story and wanting to know what was going to happen. There was a lot in the book and the various and varying storylines were a bit confusing to follow at times, but they eventually all made sense. This is a great book for anyone as it is a tremendous story sure to help build or reinforce your faith.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.