Pinterest Verification

Friday, December 28, 2012

Asylum by Ashley Hodges Bazer


I was really excited to read Asylum by Ashley Hodges Bazer. I'm quite the fan of dystopian fiction, as I'm sure you can easily figure out. Asylum did not disappoint. The story was intriguing and interesting. It took off quickly and kept a fast pace. This made it exciting to read and kept my attention.



The story follows a newlywed couple, Chase and Trista, who live in space. They are in service to their King who was disthroned by a corrupt government called the Legacy. In hopes of getting Chase to their one year anniversary surprise party on time, Trista takes an assignment for him. Doing so causes her to be taken by the Legacy. Chase refuses to believe that Trista has been executed and searches for her despite warnings to stop.

The book is part of a larger series and so it lacked the character development that is usually part of the beginnings of books. I recommend that you start at the beginning of the ten book series. I’m guessing that the other books would make more sense after that one. There was a helpful reference in the back, I just didn’t find it until I was finished. Most things I had correctly figured out due to the context of the book. The backstory that was missing, however, made parts of the book confusing, though they didn’t necessarily take away from the story.

Overall I was really impressed with this book and was so happy to finally have some Christian dystopian (or science fiction) literature to read. I am going to be figuring out how to get my hands on the other books.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.