Pinterest Verification

Friday, October 5, 2012

The River by Michael Neale

The River by Michale Neale is the compelling story of Gabriel Clarke. The story opens with five-year old Gabriel on a walk with his father, John. The Clarke men live at Big Water Adventure Camp in Corley Mills, Colorado. John is a whitewater rafting guide and owner of the camp. While the two of them are on their walk tragedy happens which will define the rest of Gabriel’s life.




Throughout the rest of his life, Gabriel must wrestle with the feeling of being made for The River. He must determine if he will return to The River and let it become his destiny or if he will run from it.

This debut novel from Neale is an intriguing, gripping and heart warming story. While it took me a little bit to get into the story (I’m not much of an outdoorsy person), once I did I really didn’t want to put this book down. It was a wonderful story. What I really liked about this book was that it would be a great book to give / recommend to men. I don’t often read books that would be interesting to men. I prefer more girly books. I recommended this book to Pop Rocks, but he hasn’t had time to pick it up. He really doesn’t have much time for reading these days. However I knew he would enjoy it.

The theme of the book is about finding your destiny. Throughout the book, Gabriel has to discover exactly what it was that he was created for and how to get to it. It was a wonderful reminder that we all have things which we were created for and that we should pursue it with our lives.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.