Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Word for Wednesday: Fruit

Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.    - Matthew 7:17-20

Everyone bears fruit. Its true. So the question is what kind of fruit do you bear?

How do others view the fruit you bear? Do they recognize you as a who you think you are or do you bear fruit that is different? 

Our fruit defines us. How do you cultivate your fruit? You cultivate fruit with what fills your heart and mind. Everything we watch, read, hear, and think about directly results in the fruit we bear. I know I need this reminder. 

dI have a tendency to think that I can watch a tv show or movie and it won't affect me at all. The same with books. This isn't true, but I continually tell myself (and sometimes even others) that I can get away with it, that I'm above it. That's my pride. 

I hope this encourages you today. What can we do to bear better fruit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.