Pinterest Verification

Monday, August 6, 2012

Song of the Brokenhearted by Sheila Walsh & Cindy Martinusen Coloma

Song of the Brokenhearted by Sheila Walsh and Cindy Martinusen Coloma is the story of living the faith when everything in life seems to fall apart. Ava in her late forties is married to a wonderful man and has two wonderful children. Her daughter is getting married to a great guy. Her son is a fantastic football player. Her husband has a strong profitable company. As Ava’s world starts to crumble she has to determine if her faith is a fair-weather faith or the kind that will stand through fear and uncertainty. Meanwhile Ava is having her ministry work and personal life questioned by a “friend” from church. She also has a troubled past that she hasn’t quite reconciled with her life as a suburban housewife.  Will Ava lose her faith? Will she get angry at those who question her life? Will she face her past? Maybe, but you will have to read it to find out.

I really like this book by Walsh and Matinusen Coloma. It was intriguing and interesting in the way that the book was written. The authors draw out Ava’s past and cause you to really wonder what it is that has her so haunted. I really like the way that Ava deals with all that happens to her personally her faith is really explored along with what it really means. Her relationship with her best friend, Kayanne, was wonderful to me as it reminded me of my relationships with some of my besties. Overall this book was a good read. I started it Friday night and was finished by Saturday afternoon. At 304 pages its not a quick read, but it definitely drew me into the story. I will say that had it not taken so long to find out what was so rough in Ava’s past, I probably wouldn’t have been so interested. Overall though, I really do recommend this book next time you are looking for a novel to read.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.