Pinterest Verification

Monday, July 30, 2012

Call of a Coward by Marcia Moston

I love to read fiction, but for my Booksneeze book, I didn't have any fiction options. I chose Call of a Coward because it sounded interesting. Boy, was I right! I read Call of a Coward over the weekend and I was so blown away! I really didn't want to put it down. This book was interesting, engaging, and heartfelt. The best part was that it was a fun read! Moston share's her (and her family's) story of following God's calling even when it goes against all that is acceptable and sensible. 


(Via)

After Moston's husband went on a short-term mission trip to Guatemala he fell in love with "The Project" at which he worked and it just so happened that a couple was needed to oversee the home for women and children. As a family they decide to make a year long commitment to fill this need. They set off on the multi-day drive from New Jersey to Guatemala and what follows is an intriguing tale of adventure and what it means to follow God into a third world country. Moston also explains life after missions. This was a very interesting part of the story and showed how God works, if we give Him the time.

This book was such a challenge to me. I struggle to understand sometimes how God is working in my life. I don't understand the different seasons and challenges that He takes me through. I get nervous, I doubt. It was so refreshing to hear that Moston struggled with these same fears, even while in the midst of a jungle. Part of serving God is allowing Him to use us for his purpose. We have to be willing to give up comfort in order to let Him accomplish this. I know that I struggle with doing this. I was glad to know I'm not the only one. 

I would have liked to hear more about Moston's backstory. She alluded to a fantastic salvation story, but it did not get told. Perhaps she will write another book. If she does, you can believe I will read it!

I highly recommend this book. It is a wonderful story and will really encourage you in your Christian walk. It will help you to realize that there is such a bigger plan than we can see or understand. It will help you think about the way that you approach Christianity in regards to everyday life and in regards to the rest of the world. Next time you are looking for a great book, pick this one up!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! So they really did come back after the year was up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Booksneeze. I too really enjoyed Call of a Coward! Marcia Moston did an interview for my blog, and she mentioned that she is working on a second book. If you're interested, you can read the interview here:

    http://www.ecollinswriter.com/2012/08/interview-with-marcia-moston.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.