Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Word for Wednesday: Drama

(Via)
I love the movie, "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." While I haven't watched it in a long time, one of my favorite lines is, "Drama. Drama. Drama." Its near the beginning when Michelle hasn't shown up for work and Jeannie keeps muttering, "Drama. Drama. Drama." (and yes I had to look up her name.)

There have been times in my life when things were full of drama. Most notably high school and college. I'm not too huge on drama. It just stresses. me. out.

Recently though, I was telling a good friend about something that had happened earlier in the day. They looked at me and said, "That person just really loves to create drama don't they?"

Boy were they right! The person referred to is constantly creating drama in my life. Whether they realize it or not they can take an uncomplicated situation and turn it into an ordeal.

In my Google reader recently was a great blog written by Anne from Modern Mrs. Darcy. In it she talks about the "Dramatist" in our lives. I obviously have at least one! While I can't always get rid of them I can acknowledge to myself that they are such people and not give into their dramatics. 

Don't believe me? There was a meeting in my office awhile ago. The new assistant left before their boss. I overheard her boss say, "She is so great. Its wonderful to not have any drama."

The drama of the previous assistant was apparently pretty intense. They continued to refer to to this person's personal drama that had obviously made its way into work. I don't know the rest of the story, maybe she quit. Maybe it just wasn't working out. Who knows, but I do know this:



P.S. You can find me on facebook and on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.