Pinterest Verification

Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm Back to Reading

I have a wonderful friend with whom I work. She loves to read though often doesn't get to as much as she likes. She has this wonderful habit of bringing me books to borrow. Often they are bestsellers and I have not previously read them. Often I take them home and read them superfast because I am unable to put them down. Last week she brought me Sarah's Key* by Tatiana De Rosnay. 

 Sarah's Key
(Via*)

Sarah's Key is a heart-wrenching book set in the Holocaust. The story is moving and focuses on a little known part of the Holocaust: the Vel d'Hiv roundup in Paris. I encourage you to read it. I am not going to tell you any more because I will only ruin it for you. I will tell you this: Read the book, then watch the movie.

The great thing about having a friend that feeds my love of reading is that when I have strayed away from books she often brings me back. I read Sarah's Key in about 24 hours and I had to work that day. This week I went to the Library and picked up some more books so be on the look out for some book reviews coming down the pike. I know I was just saying that I haven't been reading much lately, but it looks like that may change!

*not an affiliated link

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book sharing shout out, I'm happy to share my books with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My yoga teacher also highly recommended this to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.