Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Ever since my good friend lent me Sarah's Key. I've been craving good books. Sometimes thats what it takes. I went to the library this week and picked up several books, one of which was Bossypants* by Tina Fey.

 Bossypants [Book]
 (Via*)

Bossypants was a funny look at life from the hilarious Tina Fey. Fey conveys what life is really like as a celebrity as well life on set. Her stories encompass her childhood, young adult life, and life as a working mom. My favorite quote: "Always wear a bra, you'll never regret it."

Pop Rocks has to go to sleep earlier than me because he has to be a work earlier than me (logical, right?). Well I've been reading this book in the bed while he is sleeping. Sometimes I would laugh so hard it would wake him up. I like being near him so I stayed in the bed and tried to move past those hilarious parts, but there was always another one around the corner.

While I don't fully relate to everything that Fey discusses in her book, since I have yet to accomplish some of the things she has, her writing was so poignant that I was able to relate. My favorite parts were her discussion of her honeymoon and about life after college working at the YMCA front desk. The other great part is when she discusses being Sarah Palin on SNL.

If you are looking for a fun and very funny read pick this book up! Just try not to read it in bed while your spouse is sleeping you may just wake them up!

*not an affiliated link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.