Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Word for Wednesday: Solution

Recently a friend posted on Facebook that she didn't know what was wrong with her plant. Now, I don't have the world's greenest thumb, but I manage to keep (easy) plants alive more often than I kill them. I've had to take the time to figure out how best to care for them. One thing I've figured out, which I passed along to her, was that sometimes they get over-watered. They need a chance to dry out. Otherwise they can develop issues with mold and other diseases. This is why its best to water them in the morning during hot months, so that by evening's cool they are dried out. 

I guess my point is this: sometimes the solution is obvious, but there are times that it is not. I have a hard time telling people about things that I am going through because their advice can just become more of the problem. There are people in my life that I trust and whose advice I want. When I seek them out they help me to find the solution. Lately, I've know the solution, I just didn't want it to be what I knew it was. Anyone's advice might have just become more noise in my already clambering mind. Another possibility was that it would allow me to get off the hook and not follow what I knew was the right thing to do.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.