Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Word for Wednesday: Resilience

Lately resilience has been on my mind. Standing firmly where I'm planted. Not because I am fighting God's will, but because everything else seems to fight it. 
 

It would be easy to throw in the towel when things get tough and I get frustrated. Walking away is where my mind goes immediately. So how do we stand firm?


I've also been thinking about what happens when we stand firm. Lives change. People see that we don't need to falter in our convictions. We don't have to bend to peer pressure. We don't wander off to pursue something that seems shiny. People begin to look up to us and ask how we do it. 

So lets do it. Lets stand. Anyone with me?



2 comments:

  1. I actually looked up the parts of the armor of God the other night. I needed to be reminded of it too! Especially the helmet of salvation because I've been thinking way too much lately. :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was refreshing to read them. Its an analogy that I love so much! A Sword of truth and a breastplate of Righteousness. I'm prepared for battle.

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.