Pinterest Verification

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Winter's Promise

At my family's Christmas celebration I picked up a volume of four books that had been my Grandmothers. It was the "Never Miss a Sunset" Pioneer family series by Jeanette Gilge. I finished the first book last month and as promised here is an update:


(Via)


Never Miss A Sunset

This first book of the Pioneer Family Series focuses on Emma Vergerler and her husband Al. Emma is alone in the harsh winter to take care of the children and animals while her husband works away at the lumber camp. While the book only take places over a few weeks it gives an insight into the relationship between Emma and her heavenly Father. She deals with a wide assortment of emotions. Her and Al's courtship is revealed through Emma's reminiscence of their past. The story only has one real surprise, but it does show a lot about personal growth and the relationship between a husband and wife.


In my defense I did actually finish another massive book last month, but I had already read it once before. It's first part recently came out as a movie that greatly disappointed me so I wanted to re-read it to make sure what I remembered about the book was correct. I just don't want to blog about it other than this. Maybe this counts as blogging about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.