Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Word for Wednesday: Alien

When I was in High School I worked at a Christian summer camp for one amazing summer. I even still have my alien shirt to prove it. The back of the shirt says, "You aren't from around here, are you?" I didn't really get the concept that summer - the idea that as Christians we aren't really from this world. I get it now.

Not to long ago I heard a sermon (or read it in a book) about the signs of a mature Christian. One was that they long for heaven. I had just started to have a turn in my thinking that was causing me to long for heaven. Before I had always thought it was kind of morbid to have such a mindset as a twenty-something or younger. But if I was given the choice today, I would choose heaven. That's not to say that I'm depressed and want death or something, its just that I want to badly to be with Jesus. To spend my days in worship to my God. The song "Where I Belong" by Building 429 has become my anthem lately.

The chorus is this: 

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus
This is not where I belong


1 comment:

  1. I completely understand where you are at with this Erin. Love this song too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.