Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finish List Update

So last week I shared with you my list of goals for Finish Year. I thought I would give you an update on how it is going. 

1. Read through the Bible: So I tried this last year and did ok until someone said something to discourage me and I quit. I am not going to do that this year. But I got some further inspiration in 2011. I am using the YouVersion Bible app for a reading plan. If you have a smart phone and you want to spend more time (either quality or quantity). Anyway, I had started this awhile back and caught up to where I was - day 8 or 9, so not far. This effectively gives me some cushion days. I really like this plan as opposed the paper plan I used last year. The readings are everyday and therefore shorter. The paper plan had 28 days a month. 

2. Start a creative venture to help others: I came up with a plan for this. I also found someone who was just as enthusiastic as I was about it. I don't want to talk about it yet, but believe me I will when the time is right. I am so excited about this!

3. Keep the House Clean: I made a "chore" chart over the weekend for Pop Rocks and I. We are both working on this goal, which has effectively reduced my stress over this goal.


4. Read two books a month and blog about them: I started a new book over the weekend. And I have one I need to finish up. I haven't blogged about them yet, but I will. (I should also mention that I was finishing a book over the weekend and that's why I got a late start.)

5. Blog at least 5 times a week: Since I made these goals last week, I'm not going to beat myself up for it. I am aiming for 260 posts this year. 5 down - 255 to go!

My goal is to make way for other things I enjoy in my life.

What are you doing with your New Year's goals and/or resolutions?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.