Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Meal Planning

So I am hosting Christmas more officially this year than last. Last year my parents came for Christmas Eve and that was easily taken care of with our traditional meal of stuffed shells.

So this year my parents will be here for Christmas and Christmas Eve. Plus a few days before. So I'm trying to figure out what to serve and when. We are going to my in-laws for one meal so that will be fairly taken care of. I am thinking to make pot roast for Christmas night. I think I'll make chicken one other night.

I also would love to make some kind of killer dessert or maybe cookies...

Do you have any suggestions for me? Please, help! I would really appreciate it!
baked,Christmas,cookies,food,holidays,special occasions,treats
(Via)

4 comments:

  1. I am doing Ham and mashed potatoes with a veggie on Christmas Eve. It is an easy, yet fairly elegant meal. Also, my family loves Chili Powder Chicken with a starch and veggie. So easy and so yummy! Lay out your chicken breasts, thighs, etc, and COVER with chili powder and sprinkle with salt. Bake until chicken is cooked. It sounds spicy, but it isn't. Chili powder itself isn't spicy, but adds a ton of flavor.

    For an easy, yet yummy, dessert, do a fudge pie. I'm attaching the link to Paula Deen's recipe, but it is actually the recipe that I use and grew up with. I guess Paula went through our family stash at some point. :) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-fashioned-fudge-pie-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fix my hams in the crockpot. I pour a can of Coke over it. And it's great! So easy. And, use all recipes.com for all my dessert recipes. One little snack thing that is so good is roll pretzels. Buy the lattice pretzels, melt a roll on top in the oven for 200 degrees for about 15 minutes. Then, push the rolo down with an m&m, or a pecan. You can add red and green sprinkles for a little festive flair! YUM! We can't get enough of them! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pot roast! Also, the Italian chicken soup I posted about recently is super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of this sounds amazing! I will definitely have to try them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.