Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Word for Wednesday: Joy

I was working the other day on a very physical, involved, yet mindless task. Something had me thinking about Joy. Not happiness, that fleating and hard-to-catch excitement, but joy, that soul-deep, hard to define, harder to identify cheerfulness even in mundane situations gladness.

Anyway, there used to be an old Sunday School statment that JOY is Jesus, Others, You. A definition of priorities. So there I was the other day thinking about Joy when it hit me that to put Jesus first requires that you put Others before yourself. It could never be Jesus, You, Others. I had been thinking a lot about priorities and this very simple thought wrapped up my weeks of thinking with a pretty bow and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.