Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Get Motivated Seminar: READ

I was able to attend the Get Motivated seminar here in Nashville yesterday. It was a fun day filled with well-known and interesting speakers. One of the things I kept writing down was to read more. (Also watch less t.v.)

Mayor Rudy Giuliani said that he is always reading at least two books. One to challenge and one for his own enjoyment. I love to read, but I most often find myself reading only fiction for my own pleasure rather than to help myself grow. This is something I can definitely improve.

Others said it too. Krish Dhanam suggested reading one book a week. Mary Buffett spoke strongly of reading. She said that she writes books to help provide others with the same mentoring that she received. (She was mentored by her father-in-law, Warren Buffett.)

My mom fostered in me my love for reading so I thought I would share this other thought from Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He said, "We should get kids to tell us what they are interested in and then give them books to read on that topic. Then after we've gotten them to love reading get them reading more books."

I will share more of the things I learned throughout the week. Keep checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I have a friend who went to this in Oregon and she liked it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.