Pinterest Verification

Friday, October 21, 2011

Get Motivated: Don't Get Defeated

On Monday I was given the opportunity to attend the Get Motivated Seminar here in Nashville. I've been blogging what I took away from it. If you missed it, you can check it out here & here.

Another area that the speakers kept highlighting was not to get defeated. Lou Holtz told about his first season at South Carolina. I was living in Columbia when Lou Holtz came to town. I remember thinking how absurd it was that Williams Brice Stadium would be completely sold out for every Gamecocks game when they lost every time. Mr. Holtz showed up and they continued there losing streak for another season. He said that he felt a bit like giving up, but he kept working with his team. The next year they made it to a Bowl! The year after, they were back in a bowl. He didn't let his spirit become defeated, but kept working with determination and made it to a bowl game. 

Bill Cosby told about how he messed up his first big comedy act so bad, he almost didn't perform his second show that night. When his introduction changed from, "Ladies and Gentlemen, the fastest rising comedian in America, Bill Cosby." To "Ladies and Gentlemen, Bill Cosby." He started bantering with the MC. This got him going and he soared in his next show.

The moral of these stories is to not let life get you down. Get up, shake it off and keep going. I'm not always the best at this, but the reminder is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.