Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

That Kind of Friend

So I'm pretty sure that a motorcycle hauling a coffin passed me in traffic yesterday. There wasn't another explanation for the motorcycle pulling a custom made trailer with a person sized box on it. It made me grin.

It also got me thinking... what kind of person is it that gets pulled around on a motorcycle while in their coffin. I think that it must be someone pretty spectacular. Maybe a love that you dreamed about seeing the country with and they left before you could. That buddy that you schemed up the most epic road trip with. Or maybe its just that best friend you couldn't bear to part with yet. 

What kind of person is that you can't bear to part with? How do I become that person. I've been thinking about it and I think its the kind of person that has the fruits of the spirit in their life. If I was a more loving, more joyful, more peaceful, more patient, more kind, more good, more faithful, more gentle, and more self-controlled person, wouldn't you want me always with you? Its time for me to put these things to work in my life in a deeper more poignant way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.