Pinterest Verification

Friday, August 26, 2011

Its Been One of Those

It truly has been one those weeks. The kind that make you slam your fist into the mattress cry out in anger and frustration cry those loud ugly sobs throw up your hands and surrender. Somehow though, these lyrics come to mind:

So thank you Jesus!
Even when you see us just as we are
Fragile and frail and so far 
from who we want to be
So thank you Jesus!
Even when the pieces are broken and small
Dreams shatter and scatter like the wind
So thank you even then.


I'm not putting these words here, because that is where I have been living. I'm putting them here because its where I need to be living. And, quite honestly, I've been rather far away from that lately. Some other lyrics that have come to mind this week are

Down in the valley, dying of thirst
Now down in the valley, it seems I'm at my worst.
But my consolation is that you baptized the Earth
I'm down in the valley and the valleys fill first.


Here's hoping this valley fills soon! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm planning on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.