Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Whisper

(Via)

You know those times that you need to hear from God and you can't seem to find the right way? Sometimes it seems to come as a whisper. Lately it has seemed like I need the whisper. I can turn the radio on and get the yelling. I need that too, I do enough of my own yelling it seems like. I can listen to other people in my life and hear the demanding. I do enough of that with God too. 

It takes those moments when I tune everything out and let it all go for the whisper to come. I have to leave everything in His hands. I have to stop trying to fix it myself. I know that people always say things like this. "To let go and let God." "We have to come to the end of ourselves for God to begin." etc. etc. etc. But lately the lesson I have been learning is to just give up and trust God.

That isn't to say that I have given everything up and have fully surrendered to God. Unfortunately, it seems like as soon as I give something up I take it back again. But when I stop yelling and stop demanding and start whispering, God takes over and feels my spirit. I need to remember this to let it go everyday, every moment, and every second.

Love to you all on this Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Yes... good thoughts. I don't think we ever stop learning this! :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just read the Stuff Christians Like serious Wednesday post. Amazing how God works in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Erin. Such good reminders for me this week! Thanks for sharing!

    PS. LOVE your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the reminder to be still & listen!

    I came over to say thank you for entering my Lilla Rose giveaway at Home Sanctuary! If you don't have a consultant I would be happy to help you! You can sign up for my free newsletter on my website to keep up with the new designs and upcoming specials! Thanks again!
    http://www.lillarose.biz/onemotherslove/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.