Pinterest Verification

Friday, July 8, 2011

Vacation 2011

Pop Rocks, Mary and I went on vacation last week in Myrtle Beach with my family. It was a great at time filled with lots of fun and exciting times. We went to the beach several times and one day I even got in the water. Something fairly unusual for me.

Mary was our fuzzy little alarm clock that didn’t let us sleep in much during the week. She did well with the travel. Unfortunately, she was a little bratty at meal time, which drove me crazy. Overall though, I thinks she really enjoyed herself especially all of the extra attention and cuddle time with her grandparents and uncle.  




We played several rounds of miniature golf and as always we had a great time. Pop Rocks and I even won the couples open - thanks to him, I still had the worst personal score.

The boys went fishing one day and the girls went shopping. I got some cute clothes including a super adorable purple plaid summer shirt. I’ll have to post a picture of me wearing it soon.

One of my favorite parts of Myrtle Beach was Brookgreen Gardens. It is a 9,000  acre garden complex with a plantation farm and zoo. The zoo was wonderful and had a great river otter exhibit. If I could be any animal I would be an otter. They are playful and so much fun. It was beautiful and I really enjoyed the walk around the complex.

We decided to come back early and had a fun day Sunday complete with a family cookout and fireworks display. Monday we had a very relaxing day around town. We went to the zoo where we looked at the animals and ate lunch. My favorites were the Macaws and the Meerkats. The Macaws were playful and one played peekaboo with us for a little while, which was maybe the most adorably entertaining thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.