Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why I'm planning a vacation 13 years in advance....

The 13 year cicadas have made their long impending appearance at our house. They FREAK me out! I took Mary out last night and about had a panic attack. I’ve never been a fan of any insects and an infestation is getting close to pushing me over the edge.

When I got inside and told Pop Rocks about it I explained that cicadas are freaking looking and remind me of crawfish (only they have wings and fly and are crawling around my yard). I kinda feel like anything that incubates in the ground for 13 years only to make an appearance for 4 weeks should be in the Nature Freaks category.

Pop Rocks asked me if they didn’t remind me of Palmetto Bugs. (For those that don’t know the infamous palmetto bugs are my nemesis. I will have to write about it soon.) Since he brought it up, they suddenly reminded me of those awful creatures and now I am nervous even indoors.

Anyway, I decided that we needed to start saving our money now so that in 13 years we can go on vacation. a. long. vacation. A month should do it. If its well planned I might be able to keep my sanity in 2024.

As for 2011, I. might. not. make. it.

If I don’t, please don’t bury me with the cicadas.

1 comment:

  1. Thankfully, they haven't arrived at my house yet. I've got my badminton racket ready though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I hope you know it means the world to me to hear from you.